Friday, May 29, 2009

Flashback Friday: Bedrooms That Pop

I recently found a stash of home decorating magazines at an estate sale, so hopefully in the coming weeks I'll have a chance to scan images and bring you some crazy 1970s decor. In the meantime, here are two bedrooms that really pop:

Don't you just love the green desk paired with black and white shutters and curtains? The matching green cushion on the tulip chair is a nice touch. You can tell this is the 1970s on account of the missing laptop:


This room is a little wackadoodle but I do enjoy the yellow chair in the right corner. The whole chair isn't visible, but I think it is a version of Eero Saarinen's "Womb Chair":


I don't know if you can find them in yellow, but here is a reproduction in white ($479 at shopseating.com):

Or a true version from Knoll in a delish orange:

See you next Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment