Friday, May 8, 2009

Buying in good conscience.



Personally, I don't think that the mark of a good design blog is a profusion posts pointing its readers to things to buy. It seems disingenuous in this economy to insist that the purchase of some overpriced whatever makes sense. So in this spirit, I make a promise to only post stuff that I would actually buy or have bought and I think you, my vast readership, would enjoy seeing.

While we're on the subject of spending money (or not), I stumbled upon eBay's World Of Good shop recently while searching for block-printed fabric from India for a bead spread or a quilt. The ShopTilonia shop features artisans of Tilonia and The Barefoot College in Rajasthan, India. Sales of their wares go towards addressing basic in their village like water, electricity, and education. I'm going to save my pennies to buy one of their Jaipuri "razai" quilts or duvets:



No comments:

Post a Comment