Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wedding Wednesday: It seemed like a good idea at the time...

There are always a few misfires in every wedding plan. Ours was not spending $2,000 on catering and instead having a potluck. A bad idea we are still kicking ourselves over. I've uncovered a few other choice cringe-worthy wedding ideas...:


1. A memory book the bride & groom would rather forget. An "alternative" guestbook by NYC planners Melangerie encouraged guests to “air out” the bride and groom’s dirty laundry by writing their misdeeds on cute little paper cut-outs.


2. A wedding cake that looks like the bride. Hmmm, just disturbing on so many levels.


3. Theme wedding. I'll bet that if I'd suggested we have a Star Wars theme wedding, Chris would have been ALL OVER IT. Just imagine the flower Yoda! (I think the only reason why I'm putting this in the "don't" category is that theme weddings are a bit of a drag for the guests. They have to rent a costume and pin their hair into giant Princess Leia donuts...)


4. A choreographed high-five. How about no.

I'll be back next week with some wedding dos!

No comments:

Post a Comment