Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Anniversary luxury!


My very sweet husband made reservations at The Nines for our anniversary last weekend. It was great to finally see what everyone's been talking about since the hotel opened last year in the building that formerly housed Meier & Frank. (I have to admit, I was skeptical of the transition, I mean, Meier & Frank was THE place to shop downtown for decades. To replace M&F with Macy's with a hotel on top was just one more homegrown Portland landmark gone to the national chains.)

BUT, I loved it. The room had plenty of glamour, including chandeliers, a powder blue fainting couch, dark woods and a marble shower. Very fancy. (One quibble: No in-room coffee maker!)

If you are in Portland, I'd recommend a night at The Nines for some large living.

No comments:

Post a Comment