Monday, June 22, 2009

Picnics In the Park


I'm in a picnic phase these days. Maybe it's the fact that the weather in Portland is foul for so much of the year that when the sun finally appears, I want to spend every second outdoors. (This, by the way, is the reason why Oregonians have such a high rate of skin cancer. But I digress.)

I think the easiest way to have a picnic is to grab a blanket, silverware, unbreakable plates then hit the deli counter at the grocery store for finger foods, salads, and cold drinks. Find a nice place to spread out at the park and enjoy yourself.

We have so many wonderful parks here in Portland: Waterfront, Washington, Peninsula, and Laurelhurst Parks are my favorites for dining al fresco. Do you have a special spot that's perfect for a picnic in your town?

(Photo: Blyton Vintage Picnic Basket $160 from PicnicFun.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment